Sunday, October 2, 2011

DIY FELTED CRASPEDIAS



I personally am not a big fan of fake flowers or plants, only for the sheer fact they never really look real. However, you can make fake Craspedias yourself and make them look authentic as well as very stylish, thanks to  who gives us a perfect step-by-step guide on how to make them with felt. Yes, FELT! Conveniently cheap and simply chic. Here’s what she says inspired her:

While making felted wool beads for my DIY'd necklace, the yellow wool beads I was felting started to really look like stylized Yellow Craspedia (small, spherical flowers also known as “Billy Buttons” or “Woollyheads”).  Inspired, I made some extra felted wool beads, pierced them with cloth covered floral wire and made an arrangement in an inexpensive West Elm vase..”

You can see the full how-to on her website. Here’s what the final product looks like:

felted craspedias

Gorgeous! Thank you Tanya!

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for featuring my Billy Buttons! I love your blog and I can't wait to look around :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! Can't wait to read it! :)